Monday, March 21, 2011

AFTER THE RAINS

Some of my friends and family from England (including my English husband!) probably think I'm a bit nuts for saying this - but, I really do love the rain.  Growing up in Southern California, rain is a novelty. And, yesterday we had a storm roll through So Cal that could appropriately be described as a 'Doozy'... a full-fledged downpour, complete with thunder, lightning and high winds.  It was fantastic.

So, today I felt inspired to capture a few post-rain moments -- the sun peeking through the clouds for the first time since the storm, the light reflecting in the puddles on the driveway, raindrops shimmering on the Spring leaves and fruit in the garden. Little pieces of reflective, watery magic that the rain blesses us with after a storm... Enjoy!

Spring has Sprung!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, Anne! It makes you want to reach out and lick the raindrops on that orange. You have a wonderful eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete