Monday, March 28, 2011

SOME LOCAL OC NATURE

This afternoon Tim & I ventured out to historic Irvine Park at the mouth of Santiago Canyon for a little taste of nature. Having grown up in Orange County, California in the city of Irvine, I must admit that I had never made it out to Irvine Park until today (kind of like living in Manhattan and never seeing the Statue of Liberty or somethin').  And I was so astounded at the beauty that is literally 15 minutes from our doorstep, I am now looking into an annual parking pass! 

What drew me out there today was the Orange County Register newspaper's wildflower photo contest - I wanted to find some beautiful wildflowers to capture with my camera and enter in the competition. But, once we arrived, I soon realized that there was a lot more to see than just the flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment