Sunday, June 12, 2011

ART, ARCHITECTURE & MOTORCYCLES IN DOWNTOWN SANTA ANA

Today I was on a mission. To explore my neighborhood of Santa Ana, look at things from a unique perspective through the lens of my camera, and try to capture some of its beauty to share with the world.

So, this morning my husband Tim & I saddled-up on our Harleys and rode into Downtown Santa Ana - parked in front of the Artist's Village - loaded-up on caffeine at The Gypsy Den - and then spent some quality time wandering the streets, exploring every nook & cranny of every building we could find.  

I love this town. Founded in 1869, it's rich with Californian history and culture. I first moved here almost 10 years ago, and it was a completely different place then.  I always had hope for Santa Ana, though, and in recent years it has undergone a complete transformation. It's in the midst of a Renaissance - with new restaurants, bars, shops & art galleries opening regularly in its many newly-restored buildings. What used to be run-down and downright scary at times is quickly becoming a fun, safe, fantastic city to hang out in.

If you haven't been to Downtown Santa Ana lately, then you should definitely check it out - restaurants & bars such as Chapter One: The Modern Local, Lola Gaspar, The Copper Door, The Crosby, Proof Bar and Memphis Cafe are just the tip of the iceberg. Next Saturday, June 18th, 2011 is a GREAT opportunity to come down & check it all out at the 'Posse on Broadway' event in Downtown Santa Ana from 9pm - 2am where 11 venues will host 11 events with free admission for all. 

Meantime, if you don't live locally, I hope these photos can give you a small taste for Santa Ana's beauty...


No comments:

Post a Comment