Wednesday, June 22, 2011

THE PERFECT POUR

One recent evening I was sitting in our back garden, drinking a cold beer after a long day at work and looking for photographic inspiration as a creative release... when it dawned on me. What better to photograph than the very beer I was drinking!?

So, I enlisted the help of my very kind & patient husband for the hours that followed - he helped pour while I shot from different angles, with various lenses in different lighting until at last I captured what I felt was 'The Perfect Pour' and exactly what I wanted.

I love wine, I love Champagne, but sometimes life just calls for a really good beer.  There seems to be an explosion lately of fantastic places around Orange County to belly-up to the bar and enjoy a great brew. Some of my favorite haunts allow you to not just order a pint, but to experience 'flights' of beer so you can taste a few and see what you like best - plus, many offer fantastic Happy Hour menus.

In Old Town Orange there's Haven Gastropub (with Happy Hour Mon - Thurs from 3 - 6pm & nightly from 11pm - 1am) and The Breuery Provisions (no regular Happy Hour - but, be sure to follow them on their Facebook Page for news about special events that are open to the public - they host them regularly!) And, of course right here in downtown Santa Ana, I can't recommend Chapter One: The Modern Local (Happy Hour daily from 3 - 7pm) or The Copper Door (open Tues - Sat, 8pm -2am, this is a great spot to hit post-Happy Hour to keep the party going!) highly enough. All have beer lists about a mile long, so come prepared to peruse the menus and try something new if you're feeling adventurous!

Oh, and mustn't forget my local neighborhood (or, as they'd spell it, neighbourhood) pub right around the corner from our house, The Olde Ship! My English hubby & I sometimes need go head over here for a "proper pint" and some good live music.

So, cheers! Prost! Salud! Here's to beer! (And click here to see how to say 'Cheers' in 50 different languages, just so you're always prepared!...)

What is YOUR favorite Happy Hour spot in the OC?? Would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment